Talking Together Toastmasters Club
Toastmasters International is the undisputed world leader in public speaking training.
Talking Together Toastmasters Club meets virtually on the 2nd & 4th Thursday of every month from 12:00 - 1:15 p.m. All are welcome to join the Talking Together Toastmasters Club! Please contact any of these Club Officers for more information, or visit our website:
Vice President of Membership, Florence Goubet
President, Durba Ghoshal
Vice President of Public Relations, Ray Shillito
- Provide a mutually supportive and positive learning environment
- Give opportunity to develop communication and leadership skills
- Foster self-confidence and personal growth
- Create a self-paced atmosphere of understanding and helpful fellowship
Benefits of Toastmasters
- Improve presentation skills
- Become a better listener
- Develop greater leadership skills
- Improve meeting facilitation skills
- Increase your networking
Toastmasters Meeting Roles
Each Toastmasters meeting has a defined agenda and specified roles. It also starts and ends on time.
- Speeches - One to three speeches (each lasting 5-7 minutes)
- Table Topics - A topic or question is announced, and volunteers have 1-2 minutes to give an impromptu speech
- Evaluations of each speech (lasting 2-3 minutes) and general evaluation of the meeting
- Reports of time taken for each speech, and Um’s and Ah’s.
- Awards for best speech, best table topic, best evaluation, and most improved are announced.
The Toastmasters Pathways learning experience was developed around the five core competencies identified by the Board of Directors of Toastmasters International. There are 10 Paths from which a Toastmaster can choose, each path offering a unique focus. Each of the 10 paths incorporates the five core competencies:
- Public Speaking
- Interpersonal Communication
- Strategic Leadership
Talking Together Toastmasters is a President’s Distinguished Club
Chartered June 2004