Life Science Marketing Group
NCBiotech's new Life Science Marketing Group addresses key challenges that marketing professionals face through educational programming and by building a strong support network for sharing insights and expertise.
This session covered aspects of market research and why is a critical tool for life science companies at every stage of growth. It helps companies to:
- Understand and monitor the competitive landscape
- Establish baseline requirements and pricing for products and services
- Gain insight into customers' receptivity to current and future offerings
- Come and learn basic primary and secondary market research techniques to get to the data and insights needed to make informed business decisions. Discover how to tap into affordable, readily available market research resources to support all stages of the product/service lifecycle.
Founder, Ascenda Medical
Amy DeWinter, founder of Ascenda Medical Marketing, is a seasoned medical marketing professional with more than 20 years of experience in both startups and established company environments. She has a strong background in emerging technologies and has used market research to plan product launches and business development ventures.
Amy has successfully assisted multiple organizations in everything from product naming to clinician training programs and market planning. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of San Diego.
Outreach and Client Services Librarian, NCBiotech
Lori Melliere, is the outreach and client services librarian with Life Science Intelligence (LSI) at NCBiotech. LSI works with North Carolina's life science entrepreneurs, delivering targeted market and scientific insight needed to inform strategic decisions. Lori helps clients with their research needs by connecting them with LSI's resources and expertise.
Lori obtained her Master of Science degree in library science, and a master's degree in public administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
The organization of a marketing department must evolve as a company moves from startup through various stages of growth.
Insights from a medtech expert, Brian Regan, touched on the ideal marketing structure for each stage of a company's life cycle. Clearly defining roles and responsibilities is crucial for optimal performance, along with strategic marketing practices for setting and achieving goals at each stage of a startup.
As vice president of marketing and development at TearScience, Brian led his marketing team from a few-person startup through company acquisition when TearScience was sold to Johnson & Johnson. Brian has held a variety of marketing and sales leadership positions at medtech companies. He earned his MBA at Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management.
Whether your company is a small biotech startup or an established pharmaceutical company, brand building is important. Strong brands can:
- Differentiate an offering from the competition
- Build recognition, credibility & confidence
- Boost customer preference & loyalty
- Help attract investors & top talent
This panel of experts shared their insights on building a brand strategy from scratch and help us evaluate if it’s time for a brand refresh. Learn the best practices for maximizing your brand.
This session was all about lead generation. Attendees learned how to:
- Set your lead generation strategy based on your overall marketing goals
- Measure ROI on lead generation campaign
- Employ different lead generation tactics by market segment
- Analyze and use data to continually improve your efforts
Karen is a talented and experienced marketing professional who has held positions in a diverse array of organizations. For the past 13 years, Karen has worked for life science and biotech fims, specializing on planning and implementing marketing initiatives. She has worked with industry leaders such as IQVIA, Expression Analysis, Metabolon and Epicypher.