Science Communicators of North Carolina
SCONC is a volunteer organization that connects science communicators and cultivates a love of science across North Carolina. We welcome anyone who is interested in science communication to become a member of SCONC. We develop, support, and promote high-quality science communication through digital media and social and professional gatherings.
- Eligibility for Conference/Travel Fellowships: SCONC will provide members the opportunity to apply for virtual conference grants of up to $250 or travel grants of up to $1,000 to support attendance at national conferences like NASW, AAAS, or Science Talk.
- Access to a members-only email list: This mailing list will update you on upcoming science events, job openings, freelance gigs, and tips to sharpen your skills.
- Listing in the SCONC member directory: Our network is our strength. When you become a member of SCONC you gain access to a member directory that will allow you to build your network and possibly expand your career prospects.
- Early-bird registration and discounted tickets for SCONC events: SCONC hosts networking and professional development events throughout the year, many of which have ticketed entry. SCONC members can purchase tickets early and at a discounted price (sometimes up to 50% off).
- Eligibility for future SCONC SciComm Excellence Awards: Starting next year, SCONC will celebrate outstanding science communication created by our members with a $250 award.
To submit your membership dues for SCONC, please use this link. Those who choose not to pay into this membership model to become a “Member” can remain connected as a “Friend” of SCONC through our general listserv as well as through social media. If you are not already on our general listserv, you can sign up here.