Why should you attend?
To obtain a basic knowledge of biomanufacturing operations and how cGMP requirements are implemented at commercial scale. Engage in pilot-scale laboratory experiences that examine process utilities, media and solution preparation, bioreactor operation, centrifugation, chromatography, and tangential flow filtration in a simulated commercial cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practice) facility.
Attend and you will learn
- How cGMP expectations are met in a biomanufacturing facility
- How clean process utilities are produced
- To prepare sterile fermentation media and solutions required for downstream processing
- To clean, prepare, and operate bioreactors, centrifuges, chromatography systems, and tangential flow filtration systems
- Basic principles underlying the unit operations for production of biologics
- How to monitor and/or manipulate control parameters that result in a process that meets production expectations