Skip to main content

NC Collegiate Options

Community College Programs

Students completing Associate of Science (A.S.) degree programs in chemistry, biology, pre-engineering, or physics can continue their education at four-year colleges or universities to obtain B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. degrees in relevant scientific disciplines.

Clinical Trials Research Associate certificate and degree programs are a good option.

Please refer to or for specific course and program offerings in your area.

Four-Year College & University Programs

B.S. degree in scientific or engineering discipline is usually  required. While Chemistry and Biology degrees provide a solid foundation, the undergraduate disciplines listed  provide more targeted preparation:

  • Biochemistry
  • Bioprocessing Science
  • Biochemical and Bioprocess Engineering
  • Biotechnology
  • Chemical Engineering
  • Genetics
  • Microbiology
  • Molecular Biology
  • Pharmaceutical (or Biopharmaceutical) Science

Advanced degrees are required for some positions. Some potentially useful post-graduate and specialized degrees include:

  • M.S. & Ph.D. (life/physical sciences and engineering)
  • Medical Doctor (M.D.)
  • Juris Doctor (J.D.)
  • Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
  • Professional Science Masters
  • Technical Communication
  • Journalism

Please refer to for more information on specific program offerings.