Disclaimer of Liability
With respect to information available from this Web page, neither the North Carolina Biotechnology Center nor any of its employees, makes any warranty, express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose; nor assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed; nor represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights.
Guidelines Regarding the Use or Reproduction of Biotechnology Center Material Obtained Online:
- The Biotechnology Center generally has no objection to the reproduction and use of its material (e.g., audio transmissions and recordings; video transmission or recordings; still or motion picture photography; or World Wide Web pages), subject to the following conditions:
- You may use Biotechnology Center imagery, video and audio material if it is for educational or informational purposes, including photo collections and Internet Web pages.
- This general permission does not include the Biotechnology Center’s logos. These images may not be used by persons who are not employees of the Biotechnology Center or on products (including web pages) that are not sponsored by the Biotechnology Center.
- The Biotechnology Center material may not be used to state or imply the endorsement by the Biotechnology Center or its employees of a commercial product, service, or activity, or used in any manner that might mislead.
- The Biotechnology Center should be acknowledged as the source of the material.
- It is unlawful to falsely claim copyright or other rights on Biotechnology Center materials.
- The Biotechnology Center shall in no way be liable for any costs, expenses, claims, or demands arising out of the use of its material by a recipient or a recipient's distributees.
- The Biotechnology Center does neither indemnify nor hold harmless users of the Biotechnology Center material, nor release such users from copyright infringement, nor grant exclusive use rights with respect to the Biotechnology Center material.
- The Biotechnology Center does not endorse or sponsor any commercial product, service or activity.
Photographs are not protected by copyright unless noted. If copyrighted, permission should be obtained from the copyright owner prior to use. If not copyrighted, photographs may be reproduced and distributed without further permission from the Biotechnology Center. If a recognizable person appears in the photograph, use for commercial purposes may infringe a right of privacy or publicity and permission should be obtained from the recognizable person.