Institutional Development Grant
The purpose of the Institutional Development Grant program is to enhance and grow the infrastructure for biotechnology research at North Carolina research institutions. Grant funds support the purchase of research equipment or core facilities that serve multiple investigators.
Proposals from UNC-CH, NCSU and Duke require at least six investigators; Proposals from other universities require at least three investigators.
Proposals with any of the following features will be more competitive:
- Shows that the request is occurring within the context of an institutional initiative.
- Involves new ideas that may lead to biotechnology breakthroughs.
- Involves collaboration between academic and industrial scientists.
- Strengthens regional and statewide biotechnology capabilities.
IDG Program Links for FY 2017
(Deadline Noon, Wednesday, October 5, 2016)
- IDG Guidelines & Application Instructions (PDF document)
- IDG Application Checklist (PDF document)
- IDG Budget Form (Excel spreadsheet)
- Cover Sheet (Word document)
- Biographical Sketch (Word document)
When you have your proposal materials prepared, submit your application online. (The online application form will be available in early September.)