Institutional Development Grant
The purpose of the Institutional Development Grant program is to provide research equipment or core facilities that serve multiple investigators. Research Extensive universities* require at least six investigators; Non-research Extensive universities require at least three.
*Research Extensive universities include UNC-CH, NCSU and Duke.
Note: If your proposal has any of the following features, it will be more competitive:
- Shows that the request is occurring within the context of an institutional initiative.
- Involves new ideas that may lead to biotechnology breakthroughs.
- Involves collaboration between academic and industrial scientists.
- Strengthens regional and statewide biotechnology capabilities.
IDG Program Links
***The following is for Information Only. Updated documents will be posted three months prior to the FY 2014 deadline date. Please check back for the latest versions.***
- IDG Guidelines & Application Instructions (PDF)
- IDG Application Checklist (Word document)
- IDG Budget Form (Excel spreadsheet)
- Cover Sheet (Word document)
- Biographical Sketch (Word document)
When you have your proposal materials prepared, submit your application online.