Biotech by the Numbers
It's the bottom line for North Carolina's life science industry. And NCBiotech makes the connections that make it happen.
Take a look at the growth reflected in our bottom line.
A Look at the Numbers
North Carolina consistently places in the top tier of this fiercely competitive industry. Here's a snapshot of our industry
- 600-plus life-science companies
- 363 research and development; 128 contract research and testing; 105 production and manufacturing; 9 others
- Specialization in drug development; contract research and testing; ag R&D, feedstock and specialty chemicals
- Concentration in bioscience distribution
- Rapidly growing strengths in medical devices
- NCBiotech funding and non-funding programs fill gaps in the pipeline from idea to market.
- Research and commercialization grants generate $28 on average for each $1 in funding
- Biotech growth companies attract $112 for each $1 loaned
View or download the entire Battelle report.
We're proud to share these stats because they mean so much for North Carolina. Let us tell you what they mean for your company.