Biotech by the Numbers
It's the bottom line for North Carolina's life science industry. And NCBiotech makes the connections that make it happen.
Take a look at the growth reflected in our bottom line.
A Look at the Numbers
North Carolina consistently places in the top tier of this fiercely competitive industry. Here's a snapshot of our industry
- 600-plus life-science companies
- 363 research and development; 128 contract research and testing; 105 production and manufacturing; 9 others
- Specialization in drug development; contract research and testing; ag R&D, feedstock and specialty chemicals
- Concentration in bioscience distribution
- Rapidly growing strengths in medical devices
- NCBiotech funding and non-funding programs fill gaps in the pipeline from idea to market.
- Research and commercialization grants generate $28 on average for each $1 in funding
- Biotech growth companies attract $118 for each $1 loaned
View or download the entire Battelle 2014-15 report.
We're proud to share these stats because they mean so much for North Carolina. Let us tell you what they mean for your company.