NCBiotech Jobs Network
Exploring Biomanufacturing Careers within NC
Panel discussion about working in biomanufacturing
Monday, April 28, 2014 from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
Doors open at 12:00 p.m.
Program begins promptly at 12:30 p.m.
**Dress code is business casual**
North Carolina ranks among the top three biotechnology regions in the United States with a statewide presence that continues to expand. Biomanufacturing (products obtained from living cells) represents a significant part of this expansion. Despite a significant decline in general manufacturing across North Carolina in the past decade, the state’s biomanufacturing companies showed 5.3% annual growth since 2002 and are projecting 6.2% annual growth between 2011 and 2014.
What are the current opportunities in biomanufacturing for someone with my background? How does one prepare for a career in this sector? What is the outlook for future growth in this area?
Our expert panel of thought leaders will include:
- Travis Pysar, Senior Manager, Manufacturing, Biogen Idec
- Bruno Pancorbo, Downstream Process Manager, Medicago
- Ray Anover, Assistant Director, Student Coordination and Industry Relations, Golden LEAF Biomanufacturing Training & Education Center (BTEC)
|Thanks to our sponsor:|
Are you a life science professional interested in networking and exploring biotech job opportunities in North Carolina?
We can help you:
- Connect face-to-face with people in your sector
- Learn job search skills important for today’s market
- Meet other life science job seekers, recruiters and company representatives
Join us for the FREE NCBiotech Jobs Network on the last Monday of every month. All North Carolina bioscience professionals are welcome.
We don’t provide lunch, so plan to have yours before or after the meeting. Drinks and light snacks will be served.