NCBiotech Jobs Network
Harvest Your Future with Agricultural Biotechnology
Monday, July 28, 2014
Doors open at 12:00 p.m.
Program begins promptly at 12:30 p.m.
Networking until 2:30 p.m. (bring your business cards)
**Dress code is business casual**
Sponsorship opportunities available - contact JobsNetwork@ncbiotech.org
Agricultural Biotechnology is a growing field and one of the hottest life science industry sectors in North Carolina. Join us on July 28 as we explore the NC ag biotech job landscape and talk about career opportunities from the perspective of a panel of industry representatives. These speakers represent a range of industry sectors and company profiles that can help to define relevant career paths and job types available to life science professionals. In addition, our three company representatives are actively seeking talent for their organizations!
Our panelists will include:
- Sarah McHatton, Ph.D., Novozymes Sr. Manager BioAg Discovery will represent one of the newest members of the NC ag biotech community. The new BioAg R&D group in RTP is leading cutting-edge research into the world of microbes that impact the growth of crops.
- Giles Shih, Ph.D., MBA, Chairman and CEO of BioResource International will provide the viewpoint of an entrepreneurial company in the animal health sector.
- Jolene Unland, R&D Analytical Lab Manager at Bayer CropScience will talk about the exciting roles that are part of their Seed and Trait development organization.
- Deborah Thompson, Ph.D., NCSU College of Ag and Life Sciences Director for Industry Partnership Development will speak about the role of our leading research universities in supporting ag biotech workforce development.
Are you a life science professional interested in networking and exploring biotech job opportunities in North Carolina?
We can help you:
- Connect face-to-face with people in your sector
- Learn job search skills important for today’s market
- Meet other life science job seekers, recruiters and company representatives
Join us for the FREE NCBiotech Jobs Network on the last Monday of every month. All North Carolina bioscience professionals are welcome.
We don’t provide lunch, so plan to have yours before or after the meeting. Drinks and light snacks will be served.