Schotzinger Chairs NCBIO
NCBIO is the trade association for North Carolina's bioscience industry. It has more than 150 members doing business in human and animal therapeutics, diagnostics, medical devices and agricultural and industrial biotechnology.
Ward, who had chaired the board for the past two years, was elected to another term on the NCBIO board and to its executive committee.
Schotzinger, who has also served on executive committee, is joined on the board by these officers:
- Sam Taylor, who will continue to serve as NCBIO president
- Ken Lee of Hatteras Venture Partners, re-elected vice chairman
- Tim Gupton of Hughes Pittman & Gupton, re-elected treasurer
Other members elected to NCBIO's executive committee are:
- Esther Alegria (Biogen Idec), newly elected to the board
- Peyton Anderson (Affinergy), newly elected to the board
- Chris Capel (Smith Anderson), re-elected to the board
- Ed Field (Aldagen), newly elected to the board
- Susan Thomason (Quintiles Transnational Corporation)
Other new members of the Board include Terry Costello (Yonkers Industries), Mike Luther (David H. Murdock Research Institute), Adam Monroe (Novozymes), Alan Musso (Targacept) and Crawford Pounds (PricewaterhouseCoopers).
Other current members of the board are Jonathan Bryant (BASF Plant Science), Jeff Collins (Pappas Ventures), Charles Goldstein (BD Technologies), Matt Jennings (Teleflex Medical), David Miller (GlaxoSmithKline), Russ Read (National Center for the Biotechnology Workforce - Forsyth Tech Community College), John Russell (K&L Gates), Norris Tolson (North Carolina Biotechnology Center), Jan Turek (Biolex Therapeutics) and Mark Weedon (BWA Consulting).