Triangle Biotech Tuesday
Triangle Biotech Tuesday (or TBT) is a monthly networking event started in May 2012 to connect scientific professionals, facilitate collaborations, and foster communications throughout RTP and the greater Research Triangle area. Our monthly events bring in members of many different companies, at different stages of life and career, for the purpose of professional
development and support. It allows members to reach across industries, explore job opportunities, and increase their impact in the local biotech community. TBT aims for continuous growth through the participation of major pharmaceutical, biotech, government and academic institutions within and around RTP, and is also a registered non-profit in the state of North Carolina.
This exchange group is open to the public – any individual can register to attend one of the monthly events. Attendees include, but are not limited to, members of the life sciences industry in RTP, allied industry partners, as well as students and faculty members at local universities. We count among our 1,800 members research scientists, sales and administrative personnel, teachers, writers, IP attorneys, graphic designers, real estate professionals, and more. Please fill out our interest form if you would like to be added to our mailing list.
The rotating agenda of the TBT monthly meeting spotlights industry trends by holding:
- Educational presentations
- Panel discussions
- Casual open networking
There are typically 10 meetings per year and currently meetings are held virtually via Zoom. The educational presentations and panel discussions span a wide range of topics. Some examples of previous meetings are listed below:
- Discussion on networking in COVID times and when members feel comfortable returning to in-person events
- Presentation on best practices for scientific writing led by an expert in grant and publication writing
- Overview of personal finance for TBT members led by a financial advisor
- Q&A session with the CEO of a local RTP biotech company
- Professional development strategies
- Best practices for graphic design in the context of media and presentations, led by an expert in the area