Strategic Defense Intelligence, Integration, and Innovation: Opening Channels to Build Our Technology Future
The North Carolina Defense Business Association (NCDBA) invites you to return to Washington D.C. for its second bi-annual Outreach Conference on June 2 - June 4, 2019.
The national security threats confronting the United States are not only significant and rapidly evolving but are transforming faster and more radically than ever before in our nation’s history.
North Carolina’s vibrant and unique economic system of cutting edge intellectual, business and technological resources has been, in conjunction with our military installations, instrumental in enabling the United States to outpace and overcome these evolving threats.
The objectives of the NCDBA 2019 Washington Outreach Conference are:
Intelligence: to enhance the interconnection and communication between our NC defense business and science and technology resources and our Federal national security related decision-makers;
Integration: to strengthen the working relationships between our defense business and S&T communities and their surrounding business support capabilities; and
Innovation: to advance the application of improved processes and technological infrastructure to better meet our rapidly evolving defense needs.
Sunday, June 2, 2019
12:00 p.m. Bus departs from RTP for DC
Monday, June 3, 2019
8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Federal Agency Program
- Continental Breakfast and Keynote Address LTG Charles N. Pede (Confirmed) Judge Advocate General United States Army
- Biotechnology Session Honorable Dr. Rick Bright, M.D. (Invited) Deputy Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Facilities and Infrastructure Session Honorable R.D. James (Invited) Assistant Secretary for Civil Works U.S. Department of the Army
- Economic Development Session Honorable Alan B. Thomas (Invited) Commissioner, Federal Acquisition Service General Services Administration
12:30 - 6 p.m. Lunch / Free Time to Explore D.C.
6 - 8 p.m. Reception
Tuesday, June 4, 2019
8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Congressional Program
- Welcome and Keynote Address Senator Thom Tillis (Confirmed) Committee on Armed Services United States Senate
- Biotechnology Session Honorable Richard Hudson (Confirmed) Subcommittees on Health and Energy House Energy and Commerce Committee
- Transportation Session Honorable David Price (Confirmed) Chair, Subcommittee on Transportation, and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies, House Appropriations Committee
- Infrastructure Session Honorable David Rouzer (Invited) House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
- Economic Development Session Mr. Jim McCleskey (Confirmed) Director, North Carolina Washington Office
- Final Luncheon and Closing Remarks Senator Richard Burr (Confirmed) Chair, Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, United States Senate
1:30 p.m. Bus returns to RTP
The bus will depart from Research Triangle Park. Attendees taking the bus will be provided with the meetup location and parking instructions.