Join us on Thursday, February 22 as we explore the North Carolina production and economic value of industrial hemp, sponsored by N.C. State University and N.C. A&T State University. Enjoy light refreshments provided by Hempleton Investment Group as you learn about this growing industry.
Topics of Discussion:
- Current regulations regarding Industrial Hemp production in North Carolina, how farmers can participate in the program, how to apply, program requirements, and where to find various industrial hemp resources.
- Hempleton Group 2017 Industry Report on Industrial Hemp Production
- Growth of Industrial Hemp for Fiber and Seed in Yadkin County, Year 1
- Audience Question and Answer Session
- Emily Febles, Industrial Hemp Program Manager, NC State University
- Justin Hamilton, President of Hempleton Investment Group
- Michael Long, Ph.D., Year 1 Farmer, Yadkin County
For event registration and accommodation requests for a disability, contact Marsha McGraw at (336) 753-6100 by February 16.
View map and directions.
Yadkin County Cooperative Extension
2051 Agricultural Way
Yadkinville, NC 27055