Open to all businesses from the South Atlantic region: Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and the Atlantic Coast of Florida directly or indirectly involved in the fishery industry. FREE REGISTRATION - space limited, apply NOW to attend this active community-building sessions where participants learn from their peers’ real world experience as well as from experts.
Focus of the day: Group activities, learning games and instruction to get into the mindset of an investor and clarify investor types, investment options, and partnerships and how to determine which one is right for your business at which point. We then move into the value proposition, integrating impacts, your “why” and preparing a pitch to investors or strategic partners.
- How to succeed and make connections through Fish 2.0
- Making investment decisions like an investor
- Critical elements of investment readiness
- Types of financing – what is your business currently suited to?
- Financing and strategic partners – how to find the right ones for you?
- Compelling value propositions and how to present your business
- Integrating impacts into strategy
- Pitching effectively to investors and partners
Focus of Day: Refining and practicing your pitch and communications to investors and partners; using Fish 2.0 effectively to build your network and business.
- Marketing: features vs benefits
- From the source: Hear from and ask questions of investors and industry leaders in small sessions
- Pitch preparation
PITCH SESSION & LIGHT REFRESHMENTS
Investors, government and industry experts, and Fish 2.0 sponsors join workshop participants
- Participating businesses pitch to a broad audience of investors, industry leaders and experts
- Networking and partnership building among all in attendance
University of North Carolina Wilmington
601 S College Rd
Wilmington, NC 28403