The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), the Applied Research Institute (ARI), Tougaloo College Research and Development Foundation (TCRDF), and the North Carolina Defense Technology Transition Office (DEFTECH), a component of the NC Military Business Center, invite you to the DARPAConnect North Carolina Regional Pop-up event at The Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering, a partnership between North Carolina A&T and UNC Greensboro, to be held on September 19, 2023.
DARPAConnect will broaden DARPA’s reach and stimulate growth and collaboration between DARPA, small businesses and education institutions new to the agency or national security space. This event is designed to educate, motivate, and inspire potential performers to engage with DARPA to grow the national security innovation ecosystem.
Featured speakers for this event include:
• Ms. Jennifer Thabet, Program Director, Small Business Programs Office (SBPO), DARPA
• Dr. Kerri Dugan, Office Director, Biological Technologies Office (BTO), DARPA
• Dr. Rohith Chandrasekar, Program Manager, Defense Sciences Office (DSO), DARPA
• Dr. Benjamin Griffin, Program Manager, Microsystems Technology Office (MTO), DARPA
• Dr. Allyson O'Brien, Program Manager, Information Innovation Office (I2O), DARPA
• Mr. Mark Jones, Contract Specialist, DARPA
• Dr. Alex Place, Innovation Fellow, DARPA
If you're attending in person, you'll have exclusive access to one-on-one conversations with these experts and DoD stakeholders. Space is limited.
This full-day event will cover topical conversations, including:
• Who is DARPA and What is DARPAConnect?
• Understanding DARPA Announcements and Contract Vehicles
• Engaging DARPA Program Managers
• Interpreting and Shredding DARPA Solicitations
• What is the Heilmeier Catechism?
• Strategies for a Winning DARPA Proposal
The agenda will be provided to attendees soon.
These tips are designed to help individuals maximize their readiness for government events and make the most out of networking opportunities. Reviewing and implementing these tips can enhance your overall professional development and increase your chances of success in similar industry events. Please remember to adapt the tips to your specific circumstances and goals and use them professionally. Continuous learning and preparation are crucial to staying ahead in the ever-evolving landscape of technology and defense.
The Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering
University of North Carolina Greensboro
Greensboro, North Carolina