A well-packed chromatography column is critical to chromatographic separations. Low quality chromatography column packing leads to uneven mobile phase distribution and poor resin contacting ultimately leading to lower yields, less separation and reduced product quality. This course is designed to explain and demonstrate the factors that influence column packing from both a theoretical and hands-on perspective.
By attending this three-day course you will learn:
- Fluid mechanics of flow in packed beds
- Theoretical basis of mass transfer in packed beds
- The effects of incompressible versus compressible chromatography resin
- Different packing techniques
- Analytical methods for determining column packing quality
- Packing parameter selection to ensure a robust, reproducible packing procedure
Upon successful registration for a course, you will receive an automatically-generated email as well as another email from Melody Woodyard confirming your registration. If you do not receive these emails within two business days of registering for a course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your registration.
For full course details, payment, cancellation and discount information, please view the BTEC course page.
Biomanufacturing Training and Education Center (BTEC)
NC State Centennial Campus
850 Oval Dr
Raleigh, NC 27606