Biotechnology Event Sponsorship
This popular Biotechnology Center grant promotes and supports events advancing the understanding or application of biotechnology to benefit North Carolina.
Events must promote information sharing and personal interaction focused on biotechnology research, education, or business.
Proposals are submitted according to quarterly deadlines as shown in the timetable below. Please note that special instructions apply.
Proposals may be submitted during any program quarter, as long as the agenda is completed and speaker's attendance (if any) confirmed. However, proposals will not be considered for funding until the quarter that the event occurs along with other proposals received for events in that quarter.
- FY 2013-2014 Deadlines:
Deadline - Proposal Must Be Received by Noon on:
July - September June 14 (Friday) October - December September 13 (Friday) January - March December 2 (Monday) April - June NOON, March 14 (Friday)
Please note: If your event falls within 30 days after the quarterly deadline for your event, your proposal must be submitted 45 days prior to that quarterly deadline. For example, if event date is July 11, 2013 - proposal must be submitted no later than May 1, 2013.
Funding and Additional Support Requirements
The highest amount awarded is $2,000.
- Awards typically cover costs such as speaker travel expenses, event-site rental and publicity. Rental fees for the Hamner Conference Center are not allowable under the BES program.
- All award money is disbursed directly to the applicant's organization. The money must be used solely to support the event outlined in the application.
- Applicant is expected to obtain significant outside support, in addition to Biotechnology Center money.
- This grant does not cover food or refreshments for event attendees; gifts and/or honoraria for speakers or institutional overhead or facilities and administrative costs.
Who May Apply
Any nonprofit organization planning a conference, workshop or other event in North Carolina focusing on biotechnology or its related aspects.
- BES Application Requirements & Instructions (pdf)
- BES Budget Form (Excel spreadsheet)
- BES Cover Sheet (Word document)
When you have your proposal materials prepared, submit your application online.