BTEC Course: Downstream Biopharmaceutical
Downstream Biopharmaceutical Processes: Fundamentals and Design
Why Should You Attend
To gain a deeper understanding of the fundamentals of recovery/ purification operations for protein therapeutics and how these operations are developed for use at production scale. This course provides information through both lectures and bench-scale laboratory activities.
Attend and You Will Learn
- Principles that underlie homogenization, centrifugation, chromatography, and tangential flow filtration—i.e., the downstream unit operations;
- Difference between process and performance parameters and methods for determining process parameter ranges for each unit operation;
- Basic scale-up methodology;
- How these unit operations come together in a variety of production scenarios—e.g., soluble intracellular protein production in E. coli, extracellular production in CHO, inclusion body production in E. coli, etc.
Attend and You Will Receive
- 2.1 CEUs
- Morning coffee
- Afternoon beverage break
- Certificate of attendance
Gary Gilleskie, Ph.D.
The cost of this course is $1600 (20% discount available to employees of BMF companies and those companies with 5 or more attendees; 50% for academic affiliated faculty/staff). For more information regarding registration feel free to visit http://www.ncsu-btec-registration.com/dobiprfuandd.html
North Carolina State University
850 Oval Drive, Suite 195
Raleigh, NC 27606