NC Coast Clinical Research Initiative
NC Coast Clinical Research Initiative:
Strengthening Clinical Research in Southeastern North Carolina
Purpose and Activity
This regional economic development initiative, NC Coast Clinical Research Initiative, is designed to serve as a focal point for strengthening the impressive Clinical Research community (companies, educational institutions including UNCW’s clinical research program, business assistance providers, economic developers, health care providers/physicians) in southeastern North Carolina.
- by identifying needs of the Clinical Research community to succeed and grow,
- by developing action steps to meet those needs, and
- by facilitating partnerships to implement these action steps.
Mechanism for Action
Creation of and support for focused, collaborative teams to identify needs, generate ideas, create action plans, and execute action plans is necessary. Initial Teams include an Event Team, Communications Team, Physician Clinical Trials Team, and Leadership Team.
Three Broad Areas of Need
- Building Clinical Research Community Cohesion
- Increasing Clinical Research Community Visibility, Recognition, and Support in the Southeastern Region and beyond
- Increasing and Enhancing Local Clinical Trials
The ultimate goal of the Exchange Group is to build an even stronger CR community that we can promote across North Carolina, the U.S., and the world as the world-class CR cluster it is. This is one of the 20-plus Exchange Groups that are supported statewide by NCBiotech.