Technology Enhancement Grant (TEG)
The Technology Enhancement Grant (TEG) Program provides funding to North Carolina universities or other NC research institutions through their respective technology transfer or entrepreneurship partners. Under this program, awards of up to $75,000 are available to fund a research study that will directly enhance the university’s licensing position for a commercially promising invention. The proposed project will ideally incorporate study endpoints designed to meet key milestones as defined by potential licensees or industry-experienced technology development advisors.
Proposals to the TEG program must:
- Be submitted by (1) a technology transfer officer (or other official with licensing authority), or (2) a representative of a qualified entrepreneurial development organization, working on behalf of a North Carolina university or non-profit research institution;
- Pertain to a proprietary life sciences technology;
- Demonstrate that protection of licensable intellectual property (IP) has been initiated by the applicant institution (minimally, the filing of a provisional patent application);
- Attest that the IP rights are assigned to the applicant’s institution and have not been committed through license, option or letter-of-intent to license to any third-party at the time of application; and
- Demonstrate that an initial review of the technology and its commercial opportunity has been provided by an independent technology development professional and/or that a dialog with an independent potential licensee of the technology has been initiated.
TEG Application Materials
FY2017 Cycle 2 Deadline March 22, 2017 (noon) - CLOSED
***The following is for information only.***
Complete the online application and submit your proposal documents at this link: https://www.GrantRequest.com/SID_466?SA=SNA&FID=35040