Biotechnology Center Locations
The Biotechnology Center's headquarters building is situated on part of a 120-acre campus owned by TUCASI, the Triangle Universities Center for Advanced Studies.
The $5.9 million building encompasses 47,000 square feet and is divided into three main parts:
- A program-management center housing about 65 staff members;
- A full-service biotechnology library, open to the public; and
- The Hamner Conference Center.
Learn, work and interact
The building opened in January 1992 as a visible and central location for the state's growing bioscience community. The building was constructed with funding provided by three main sources:
- the North Carolina General Assembly,
- the Cooperative State Research Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and
- a list of private companies.
In addition to its headquarters, the Biotechnology Center has five regional offices across the state:
- Eastern North Carolina (Greenville)
- Greater Charlotte (Charlotte)
- Piedmont Triad (Winston-Salem)
- Southeastern North Carolina (Wilmington)
- Western North Carolina (Asheville)